- Protection of group installation.
- Protection of circuits.
- Motor protection.
- Starter protection.
- Wide range of ambient termperature compensation.
- Phase failure protection.
- 45mm width up to 32A, 55mm width up to 63A, and 70mm width rated to 100A.
- Three position operator: On/Off/Trip (Only 100AF is applied).
- Complete range of common accessories.
- Handle lock in the OFF position.
- Class 10, 20 overload trip characteristics.
- Trip test.
- Finger safe terminal.
- DIN rail and screw mounting.
- The components fulfill the international standard IEC 60947.
- The devices can be used as Manual Motor Starters in Group Installations according to UL508 & CSA C22.2 as Manual Motor Controllers (Type "E" starters).
Building a multi-motor control panel?
Why not take a GMS32A, couple it to a Carlo Gavazzi CC contactor via a GDA32HA coupler, then install this combination starter onto a GMU45 backplate. Then install this starter on a DIN rail.
Next place as many combination starters as may be required for the complete controller all onto the same DIN rail. Install an MSVGW45 Link set across the top of up to 5 combination starters, install an MSVGWE1-14 Main lug and the complete group of starters can be fed from a single power source.
Note: Multiple MSVGW45 Link sets can be combined to connect more than 5 combination starters to a single power source (within the 63A rating of the MSVGWE1-14 Main lug).
MSVGWE1-14 Main Lug & GDA22HA coupler
GMU45 DIN mount base
MCPs stacked by MSVGW45-14-3 Link set
Thermal Release Trip Current:
The adjustable inverse bimetal trip reliability protects motors against overloads and additionally provides motor protection even in the case of single-phasesing.
Magnetic Release Trip Current:
The instantaneous magnetic trip has a fixed operating current setting that corresponds to 13 times the maximum value of settin range.
For a complete PDF on Carlo Gavazzi Motor Circuit Protectors (MCP), press HERE. Note: The PDF is quite large and may take a minute or more to load.
Electram Rotary Equipment Ltd stocks most Carlo Gavazzi MCP Motor Circuit Protectors and associated controls in our Edmonton, Alberta, Canada facility.
Multi-motor Control Panel (4 - MCPs)